Cambridge English Language Assessment formerly known as Cambridge English for Speakers of Other Languages (Cambridge ESOL) is part of the University of Cambridge provides internationally qualifications for learners of English. The exams are well known for their high quality assessment of real English, as used in everyday work, study and leisure situations.
I. General English certificates, which are suitable for learners through from basic to very advanced level includes:
- Cambridge Young Learners English (YLE) Provide a stimulating and enjoyable way of assessing a child's level of English. For childrenaged 7—12.
- Key English Test (KET) Recognising the ability to deal with everyday written and spoken English at a basic level.
- Preliminary English Test (PET) For people who can use everyday written and spoken English at an intermediate level.
- First Certificate in English (FCE) For people who can use everyday written and spoken English at an upper-intermediate level. It is an ideal exam for people who want to use English for work or study purposes.
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) For advanced users of English. This exam is aimed at people who can use written and spoken English for most professional and social purposes. It is widely recognised for work or study purposes.
- Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) The most advanced exam. It is aimed at people who can use English for professional or study purposes.